First the pertinent facts: they come slightly larger than an iPhone and in full technicolor. And did you know the colors are significant? I didn’t.
- Orange: for sidewalk distribution to middle/high school students
- Green: for college/university students
- Red: for in-school distribution to Middle/High school students
- Digital Camouflage/Desert Camouflage: for the military
- Dark blue: for law enforcement personnel, firefighters, and EMTs
- White: for medical professionals
- Light blue: for distribution by the Auxiliary only
- Brown: personal worker’s testaments (for individual witnessing by Gideons)
- Periwinkle: personal worker’s testaments (for individual witnessing by the Auxiliary)
On the left are three of my copies, the first of which (red) I got on Oct 13, 1989, complete with dinosaur sticker inside the front cover. But lacking this intro.
If you haven’t ever read this, enjoy!
“The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions immutable. Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you. It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword, and the Christian’s charter. Here paradise is restored, Heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed.